Winter hiking in Ramsau am Dachstein
Besides its excellent cross-country skiing infrastructure, Ramsau am Dachstein also offers a great network of winter hiking trails up to 70 km. The sunny Ramsau plateau has a lovely scenery, making winter walking a wonderful experience. There are groomed winter hiking trails as well as hiking paths. The trails are groomed at the beginning of the winter season to be available for walkers as well as horse-drawn sleighs.
Many country inns with cosy dining rooms and sunny terraces invite you to stop for a rest.
- The entire network of winter hiking trails comprises 70 km.
- 40 km of hiking trails are set up as rounds on the Ramsau plateau. They are 4 m wide.
- Further 30 km of winter hiking paths complete the offer, which leads the hiker up to the Alpine pastures' region on a level of 1,700 m.
- The wide hiking trails are mainly flat and in open, sunny countryside. The only oncoming traffic you might encounter here are horse-drawn sleighs.
- The narrow winter hiking paths are mostly to be found at the edges of the woods, they are ideal in case of snowfall. They offer a shelter in case of wind and have some steep passages.